Most of us would love to have a million dollar smile but not all of are lucky. Often most of us suffer from discoloured teeth, the reasons for which may be plenty like tobacco chewing, too much of coffee, soda, smoking etc. Irrespective of the reasons, it can be really embarrassing not to have clean white teeth. The problem of not having white sparkling teeth does not end here, it also involves multiple visits to the dentist and spending huge amount of money it order to get your teeth whitened. In such a scenario, teeth whitening at home can certainly prove to be a boon. Discussed further are some of the tips for tanden bleken thuis:-
Home Remedies for whitening of teeth
To begin with, it is advisable to brush your teeth twice daily. This is recommended by most dentists to have healthy and clean teeth.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda has long been used as the teeth whitening agent. It not only whitens it but also cleans it. Take small quantity of baking soda on the toothbrush and brush the teeth. This should not be done daily as prolonged use may harm the teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide: It is easily available with the local chemist shop. It is highly effective and economical also. Since it being a harmful chemical, care must be taken not to swallow it. Using hydrogen peroxide may give a slight burning sensation to your gums.
- Home made paste: A home made paste can be prepared using both baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Mix together baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a bit of your toothpaste. This home made paste will give better results.
Besides the chemicals, there are some naturally available products that have teeth whitening properties.
- Strawberries act as natural teeth whitening agent. Just rub the strawberry or its paste on the teeth. Make sure to then clean your teeth with fluoride toothpaste as strawberries have acids and sugar which may harm the teeth.
- Mixture of orange peel and bay leaves. Powder the bay leaves and mix it with dried orange peel.
Some also suggest using wood ash for teeth whitening but this may not be a good option as it may cause enamel thinning. Thus all the home remedies must be used only moderately. All the home made remedies may not be beneficial to all and may be harmful if the person is allergic to some products. So it is prudent for the user to first test it, gather appropriate knowledge of the same and then use it.